Saturday, March 24, 2012

Can I use this FreeRxPlus card along with my health insurance?

Well if you are like me and still have private health insurance then you might not need to use the card.  Unless the same thing that happened to me happens to you then by all means please carry it with you.  I had to go to CVS in February 2012 to get for my oldest son his prescription for Bromfed DM.  My insurance denied coverage for the drug because it was considered to be over the counter medication.  So I've decided to use the FreeRxCard and it helped me out with a seventeen dollar discount.  I had to pay cash forty nine dollars for the Bromfed DM after the discount was applied.  So even though you may carry health insurance a situation like that may occur.  Don't forget to check what your health insurance covers when it comes to lab tests and imaging.  This card also provides a discount up to 50% for those services.  Maybe today you will say "Nah I'm good" but tommorow might bring a situation where you might need to have the FreeRxPlus card with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment